It’s that time again. Soon, the cutest ghouls and goblins will be prancing from door to door asking for tricks or treats. Here’s some inspiration to make your carvings stand out from the rest!
1. This image is based on Jack from “The Nightmare before Christmas.”
2. For the little ghouls who like to rock out.
3. This one would be perfect with a recording of “I am Groot!” playing in the darkness.
4. What kid doesn’t love this hedgehog?
5. Maybe add a sign: “Warning – this pumpkin will eat all your treats!”
6. Here’s one for the Trekkie parents.
7. Teenage Mutant Ninja Pumpkins.
8. Transformers can literally transform out of anything…
9. Give this one a saxophone!
10. Hobbes wants out!
11. This is what Jack-O’-Lanterns look like in Hawaii.
12. Now that’s creative.
13. Carve this if you don’t want parents letting their kids ask for candy from you.
14. Beware: hungry pumpkins.
15. Here’s what they carve in Texas.
16. “I see children ambling up to my castle! Eeeeexxxxxcellent. I believe I’ll choose… TRICK!”
17. Wow! Hats off to you if you can carve Van Gogh’s Starry Night into a pumpkin!
18. Not all Jack-O’-Lanterns need to be scary. Here’s one that’s rather lovely.
19. I’m guessing the house this pumpkin decorates specializes in gold covered chocolate coins.
20. Ever get that strange feeling when you suspect a treat might actually be a trick?
21. No kid would forget seeing this one.
22. This minion is not amused. Bonus points for carving the entire pumpkin!
23. Come to the dark side. We have candy!
24. In case you carved crooked teeth into your pumpkin… problem solved.
We can’t help who we fall in love with, and even more frustratingly, who falls in love with us. It’s simply one of life’s mysteries. And we might not know exactly why we fell in love with real estate, but we probably have our suspicions. Here are six reasons why I fell in love with real estate:
1. The people
You have to enjoy working with people in order to be a successful real estate agent. Coworkers, clients, baristas who recognize you as you bring in a gallon-sized travel mug for your daily caffeine dose — you’re always around people. It would be dishonest to say that it always goes smoothly, but the relationships and interactions are a huge part of the overall experience, and allow you to connect with people in a way you don’t get to in many other careers.
2. No two days are ever the same
If the drudgery of five days a week at the same office, with the same snack machine, and the same coworkers telling the same lame jokes kills your spirits, then the novelty of working in real estate will be the wind in your sails. No two days will ever be the same in the business, which means every day you’ll embark on a new adventure that could lead to a closed deal, or a trip to the park to meditate and clear your head. If you like variety, you will fall in love.
3. The thrill of the chase
While we may convince ourselves that we hate prospecting or showing up to appointments that go nowhere, it’s those very things that make us appreciate our successes that much more. The pursuit, the hopes and dreams of success, the sweat you have to put in to make things happen — all of these are the ingredients for a successful real estate career, and we appreciate the work more than we are willing to admit.
4. Just me and the open road
While real estate requires working with lots of different people in different capacities, it also has its share of solitude, and is, at its core, an independent profession. Nothing will happen unless you make it happen yourself, so if you’re an independent-minded person who enjoys being out on your own, not only will you be successful but you’ll also fall in love with the feeling of getting in your car and creating your own destiny.
5. The highs are amazing
While the lows are painful, the highest are exhilarating. If you’ve never experienced the joy of a signed contract, or a clear to close, then you have no clue just how energized and happy a signature or a few words can make you feel. Any doubts about the profession can be immediately wiped out, and you can fall in love with real estate all over again after you get to celebrate one of your triumphs.
6. Because I care
They say that if you do something you love, then you’ll never work another day in your life. Well that’s not exactly true, you’ll still have to work, but it will feel different. In real estate, even though you’re helping other people buy and sell houses, it still feels like something that’s yours. And because it’s yours, you will care. And because you care, you will appreciate it in a way that’s different than almost any other job you could possibly have, which is all the more reason to fall in love with it.